Black Beard's Cruise, Bahamas trip
Looking to make some bubbles in clear water and dive with sharks, sting rays, and turtles? Look no further than this trip! We will be joining the Blackbeard's crew June 19th-25th of 2021. This is a great trip to be on for first time divers or anyone wanting to disconnect for a few days and just enjoy the open ocean.
What's included in this trip?
Need to know what to expect on this trip? No biggie! Here is a list of everything included in our trip pricing.
- Up to 19 dives throughout the 6 days we are on the boat.
- All meals and snacks on the boat.
- Air refills while on the boat.
- Beautiful diving, water, and a wonderful time
- Tanks and weights
- Beer, wine, and rum punch
What should I bring?
- The sleeping quarters are not meant for large bags, so pack light! You'll need a few different swim suits, a few t-shirts, shorts, sleep wear, and a couple of towels. There are lockers at the docks where we will store our empty gear bags while we are out at sea.
- It is reccommended to bring your own set of dive gear BUT if you don't own a set we can rent a set to you at the store or you can rent it from the blackbeard's team. You will need to bring your mask, fins, snorkel, and boots with you and these items will be checked in at the air port for easy travels.
- There wont be any internet while we are on the ship , so there is no need in packing a laptop, game systems, or anything of the sort. Feel free to pack a deck of cards, camera, and spare batteries. There will be a way to charge your phone while on the boat if you plan to use it for photos.
- Spending money! The crew will sell t-shirts, stickers, cups and all kinds of souvenirs to remember this great trip by. Not only that but the crew works for gratuity! So be sure to tip our cook, divemaster, and our captain at the end of our trip. The last day on the island we will all go out with the crew to enjoy a night of laughter and drinks.
- Reef safe sun screen and lotions. Regular sunscreen can damage the beautiful reefs we are working so hard to protect. Stop by the dive shop and pick up a bottle of sunscreen before the trip and any other little bits you might need!
- You need to bring a good attitude with you when you board the boat. We will be living together for a few days and we all will get to be very close. So be sure to keep a good attitude to ensure a fun and amazing trip!
- Sea/Motion sickness medicine is always a good thing to pack for trips like this. Whether you get sick in car rides or not, if you've never been on a boat for several days at a time you may not know whether or not you get sea sick. Pack a preventative just in case so you never have to sit out on a dive.
What will I spend on this trip?
To garuntee your spot on the boat, we need a $250 deposit at the store. You will need to come in and make payments up until Marh of 2021 to ensure that you will be joining us on the boat.
The trip's total cost $995 + port fees. Hotel cost is TBD closer to the trip. We will be flying out that Thursday and staying in a hotel the day before so we can be sure to board the boat on time. Boarding time for our trip starts at 12:00 pm on the 19th and you must be on the boat no later than 1:00 pm. The boat will disembark at 3:00 after we go over the safety briefing and common procedures of the vessel such as how to use the head and the rules of the shower. Our last dive will be early in the afternoon the next Thursday so we have plenty of time to be ready to fly home the next day.
What does the boat look like?
This diagram shows where the bunks, heads, and kitchen are.
This is what one of the ships look like from the outside. We will either be on the Morning Star or the Sea explorer